This session is part of a year-long programme offering delegates the opportunity to earn a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Diploma. The Diploma follows a modular, blended-learning approach, combining monthly face-to-face workshops with online learning and work-based practice, and assessments.
In this module, you will learn about the development of project plans and objectives, including:
- the components of project stages and lifecycle
- project methodologies and their application
- how to identify and mitigate risks
- how to construct a monitor and review strategy
The Diploma course work is assessed by Scotland Excel and, on completion of this Level 5 qualification, participants can apply for CMI Chartered Manager status through the exemption route.
The workshops comprise topics which develop good leadership and management practices including:
1. Leadership practice
2. Managing ideas and innovation
3. Developing and managing networks
4. Information based decision making
5. Project development and control
6. Planning a change process
7. Personal development as a manager and leader
All learning is supported through the Scotland Excel Academy’s online platform (http://academy.scotland-excel.org.uk/) where participants can download learning materials, upload assignments and communicate with fellow students.
For further information on this or future CMI programmes contact Ian McNaught at Scotland Excel on 0300 300 1200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.