Cabinet Secretary honours public sector suppliers at national awards
Business community and public sector come together to recognise supplier excellence
Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution, joined the celebration at Scotland’s only awards programme to recognise the achievements of public sector suppliers.
Our Supplier Excellence awards took place on 20th February at the Radisson Blu in Glasgow, with 11 of the 14 awards won by Scottish organisations.
The awards honoured the valuable role of businesses that go the extra mile when supplying goods and services through these contracts.
Awards were presented across specialist categories ranging from ‘innovation’ and ‘environmental practices’ to ‘local excellence’ and ‘customer service’, at the event which was hosted by broadcaster, Dougie Vipond.
Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary opened the event. He said: “I was delighted to attend the Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards to celebrate the important role suppliers play in public procurement.
“The winners are making a real difference through their work with local authorities. These are ambitious businesses who are the employers of today and innovators of tomorrow. For our part, the Scottish Government will continue to back businesses like these so they can innovate, grow and provide jobs for the future.”
Dougie Vipond added: “It was an absolute pleasure to host the Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards. The atmosphere was fantastic and it was great to bring the business community and the public sector together for a very fitting celebration.”
Scotland Excel’s Director, Julie Welsh said: “Suppliers to our contracts deliver value for money for the public while implementing innovative approaches to benefit councils and communities, and its right and fitting that those who demonstrate excellence when supporting delivery of public services are recognised for their achievements.
“Our Supplier Excellence Awards event is a key fixture for the business community as it’s the only awards programme focused on public sector suppliers. Winners range from SMEs, large companies and the third sector and I’d like to thank all who came and made the awards ceremony a huge success.”
Around 350 guests attended the ceremony which was sponsored by SEEMiS, Spikes Cavell, Everwarm, and Crown Commercial Service.
The 2018 winners are:
- Community Benefits, SME - The Furnishing Service
- Customer Service, SME – The Furnishing Service
- Customer Service, Large company – YPO
- Environmental Practices, SME – Community Resource Network Scotland
- Environmental Practices, Large company – Brakes
- Innovation, SME - Rossie Young People’s Trust
- Innovation, Large company – Care Visions
- Local Excellence, SME – Communicare247
- Partnership Working, SME – ASA Recruitment
- Partnership Working, Large – Sweco UK
- Value for Money, SME – Swiis Foster Care
- Value for Money, Large company – Findel Education
- Workforce Development, SME – Rossie Young People’s Trust
- Workforce Development, Large company – Dingbro Ltd