Scotland Excel


Scottish-Government logo

On 30th November 2020 the First Minister announced a one off payment of £500 for health and social care staff as a thank you for their contribution during the Covid19 pandemic. Scotland Excel is working in partnership with Scottish Government to process the £500 payment in the social care sector.

Social care providers should use the following online form on behalf of eligible employees. Please note this process is for eligible independent and voluntary providers of social care services in Scotland which are registered with the Care Inspectorate. This does not include local government services, hospices or personal assistants. The Scottish Government will confirm details of separate processes for those groups.

Forms must be submitted by 23:59, Sunday 28th February.  If you have any technical issues when completing the form, please contact us using the Technical Support link provided in the links section at the right hand side of the page. For queries regarding the eligibility criteria, please see the Online Form Guidance provided in the 'Additional Information' on the right hand side of the page and the Frequently Asked Questions available on the Scottish Government website. You should only contact Scottish Government at with new queries not covered in the Online Form Guidance or Frequently Asked Questions. Scottish Government will not be able to respond to individual questions, but guidance will be updated as regularly as required.

Scotland Excel may require additional information and/or supporting evidence in order to validate your submitted form. Please keep the breakdown of your staffing numbers (both headcount and FTE) for each individual service included in your submission as we may require further information on this.

* Indicates required information
Your answers for questions 11 to 16 should only include eligible staff that are still employed by you. You will be able to provide separate information about staff who were employed during the qualifying period 17th March 2020 to 30th November 2020 but are no longer employed by you in Q17 and Q18. For further information regarding eligibility, please refer to Section 4 of the Online Form Guidance.
20. Does your organisation pay the 0.5% Apprenticeship Levy, due to having an annual salary bill of over £3 million? *

Supporting Scotland's Recovery website banner